What is Sendcloud?
Sendcloud was launched in 2012 in the Netherlands to make it easier for sellers in the e- commerce sector to ship items. As an all-in-one platform, Sendcloud ensures that the process is fully optimized. This applies toeverything from shipping to possible returns. The accelerated delivery process can prove to be an important competitive advantage for you. In recent years, the number of customers at Sendcloud has risen sharply. There are now already almost 25,000 customers in European countries such as Germany, France, Italy, Spainor the United Kingdom.
Who should use Sendcloud?
Sendcloud is suitable for e-commerce sellers in all sectors. Whether you sell clothing, tech gadgets, orcosmetics, the shipping platform will ensure your business can take the next step in any case. Using it also leads to a better experience for your customers, which in turn results in higher sales. Brands that use Sendcloud also experience an average annual growth rate of 77 percent.
How is it different from other platforms?
No matter what e-commerce site you want to integrate with Sendcloud, the possibility to do so is very likely.Of course, classics like Shopify or eBay are available to you. Also interesting for German sellers is the integration of Kaufland.de. Of course, e-commerce giant Amazon is not missing among the more than 50integrations.
Shipping service provider
Sendcloud has contracts with many shipping providers around the world. If you still want to come back to another provider, you can easily enter it with. The most popular shipping providers at Sendcloud are DHL, DPD, GLS and UPS. FedEx or Deutsche Post are also available.
How Sendcloud works
Now we would like to go into detail about how Sendcloud works step by step.
- First, connect your online store to Sendcloud. This only takes a few minutes. So in this step you will benefit from the integrations listed
- Then activate the shipping method you
- After that, you can still optimize the checkout of your customers in your store. The automated order and delivery process saves you time and money with every
- To further improve the customer experience, you can also design your own tracking emails. This gives you another opportunity to stand out from your
- Even returns are less complicated with Sendcloud and cause less work for
The most important features of Sendcloud include shipping on the one hand and the associated shipment tracking on the other. In addition, the optimization of the checkout is particularly important. We would nowalso like to go into more detail about returns. In addition, Sendcloud gives you several options to analyze your data.
In the Shipping section, Sendcloud users can see all current orders placed in their online store. They also get an overview of the shipping labels that have been created. They have the option to print shipping labels or import csv.files. By the way, there are five different tabs in the Shipping section: Incoming orders, created shipping labels, shipped orders, cancelled orders and orders that require an action on your part. You can also automate the creation of shipping labels with the Smart Shipping Rules feature. Another important feature in the shipping area is “Pack & Go”. It ensures that orders are processed faster.
Tracking at Sendcloud is divided into two different areas. On the one hand, there are emails that buyers canuse to track the status of an order. On the other hand, there is the option to view the same on a website. Forboth options, you can have a say in how the design should look like. Thus, you can represent exactly whatyou do with your brand in terms of color and graphics.
Customers respond more positively to high-quality tracking. The recall value also increases due to the brand-related design. Learn more about tracking here.
At checkout, as a seller, you can specify whether your customers can set a delivery date. You can also offer a same-day delivery option. At the moment, the checkout features are not yet available for all selling platforms, but Sendcloud is already working on integrating them everywhere.
With the Returns function, your customers can be active in the return process themselves. Accordingly, theycan print out the required labels for the packages themselves. As a Sendcloud user, you again have a returns portal at your disposal. There you can manage the orders that buyers have returned or are currently returning. If you want to learn more about this feature, you can find more information here.
In the Analytics section, you can explore your shipping and returns data. For example, you can find data onshipping activity in the previous month. There’s also info on important sales trends. In addition, you can see to which countries you send a particularly large number of shipments. Similarly, you can also see the returns ofthe last month. In addition, you get information about which products come back to you most often. Basedon this data, you can then possibly also adjust your product portfolio. Furthermore, you will learn whether return waves can be seasonal. You can find more details on the topic of analytics here.
What are the prices at Sendcloud?
After we have gone into the features, we would like to take a look at the Sendcloud prices. All information is based on annual payments, as you can save 10 percent:
- Essential: free use
- This offer is suitable for sellers who are still new in business and send less than 100 shipments per month. You can integrate up to two online stores. You can also create a personalizedtracking Furthermore, you benefit from support via mail or live chat. Return labels can be created manually in this offer. Here you can test Sendcloud for free.
- Small Shop: $40 per month
- Sellers who send more than 100 and less than 400 shipments per month are best off using this offer. You will benefit from all the advantages of the Essential offer. In addition, you can evenintegrate five stores instead of Furthermore, you will receive support even by phone. Furthermore, you can set up a return portal geared towards your brand. Here you can test theoffer for 14 days free of charge.
- Large Shop: $89 per month
- The Large Shop offer is suitable for up to 1000 shipments per month. You will be prioritized for support. In addition, there are no restrictions on shipping and returns. It’s also important to note that you can offer same-day delivery starting with this offer. Start your free trial here.
- Business: $585 per month
- If you have more than 1000 shipments per month, you should book the Business offer. You can use up to 10,000 shipping labels each month. In addition, a dedicated Customer Success Manager will take care of you. You can also remove the Sendcloud watermark. You can also test this offer free of charge.
If you want to negotiate an offer yourself, you can also consult with Sendcloud about an enterprise offer.
Sendcloud advantages and disadvantages
Let’s now take a look at the pros and cons that Sendcloud customers have brought up. We will then draw aconclusion and give our own recommendation as to whether you should work with the shipping platform as an e-commerce seller.
Sendcloud users find the quick setup of the platform particularly positive. The fact that small companies canuse the service permanently free of charge is also perceived as a great advantage. In addition, Sendcloud helps during seasonal sales peaks such as Christmas, as a lot of orders are received during these periods. In addition, users praise the support, which helps them to optimize their own shipping process. The intuitive interface also delights many sellers, who were able to familiarize themselves with Sendcloud more quickly as a result. Overall, users agree that the shipping process is accelerated immensely.
Users have encountered problems, for example, with the integration of existing contracts with shippingservice providers. In addition, some users would like to see more shipping companies involved. In addition, some would like to see a more flexible pricing model.
Conclusion: Sendcloud Review
Overall, Sendcloud scores with its features that facilitate and accelerate the shipping process from start to finish. The clear display of incoming orders alone helps sellers a lot. The configurable mails and trackingpages ensure better customer loyalty and customer satisfaction. Sendcloud is so popular because of this thatyou can integrate almost every known online store into the platform. The integration of shipping service providers also simplifies the process. All in all, we can therefore highly recommend e-commerce sellers to work with Sendcloud. If you are not sure yet, you can of course work with the free trial version first.
That was our Sendcloud Review. Do you have any further questions about the Sendcloud features or would you like to sign up for a free trial? Then feel free to contact us. We are always ready to help you with wordsand deeds. Feel free to send us a message – without any obligation, of course.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Note: This post contains affiliate links.