This week there is important news for Amazon sellers. Particularly worth mentioning is the new requirement to have less than 5% defective Amazon invoices. We also give you an overview of the upcoming Amazon webinars. In addition, there is another update on Brexit and its consequences for the Amazon business.
What is changing with Amazon invoices?
As a seller, you should be prepared to keep the rate of invoice defects below 5% from April 5, 2021. Otherwise, Amazon may deactivate your seller account. Accordingly, Amazon offers you help in improving your rate: On the one hand, you can use invoices created by Amazon itself. To use this service, you must be registered with VAT. After activation, you can use the service and make the invoices available to your customers for download. On the other hand, you can use invoices that you have created yourself. This should be done no later than the day after the goods have been dispatched. Furthermore, you should avoid sending the invoices via the Amazon buyer-seller mailbox, as this is a violation of the invoice guidelines and will thus be considered an invoice deficiency.
How will the Brexit affect Amazon Sellers?
Brexit came into force on January 1, 2021. As a result, some things will also change for online trade on Amazon. In our blog, we have already informed you about the new regulations for VAT and trademark registration before Brexit. To give you an overview of the most important changes, we have listed them accordingly:
- Customs border
- There may be additional checks on goods at the new customs border between the EU and the UK.
- Amazon Transport
- Shipping via the European Shipping Network is now no longer possible. For this reason, Amazon recommends stocking up your UK and EU warehouses.
- VAT registration
- From now on, you must observe the legal regulations on VAT registration.
Amazon Webinars in January
In January, Amazon is again offering several webinars that might be of interest to you. To help you decide in advance which dates are suitable for you, we have listed the upcoming webinars:
- 12 Jan. 2 p.m.: Trademark owner functions
- In this webinar you will learn how to register your brand with Amazon and then protect it.
- 13 Jan. 11 a.m.: Amazon Shipping
- If you are interested in the benefits of Amazon shipping, you can learn about programmes and costs in this webinar.
- 13 Jan. 2 p.m.: Manage inventory
- On the same day, Amazon will also inform you about managing your inventory. The webinar follows on from the one in the morning.
- 19 Jan. 11 a.m.: Where can you sell with Amazon?
- Here you can find out which countries you can sell to and what advantages this brings.
If you have any questions about registration, we are happy to help. If you are already interested in how you can conveniently manage your inventory, Helium 10’s Inventory Protector is just the right tool for you! You can find all information about the software in this article.
These were the most important Amazon news of the week. Do you need additional information about the new requirements for Amazon invoices or do you have general questions about Amazon SEO? We will be happy to provide you with advice and support in this regard. Simply send us a message – without obligation, of course.
We look forward to hearing from you.